Friday, December 21

REPOST: CHOSEN | Jesus, Music, Shoes, Novels, Starbucks & More

This is a blog post I just read by Bethany Ellis. It is one of the best blogs I've read in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~

Where’s the hidden camera?

by drgnfly1010
My dad and I did our final Christmas shopping yesterday, ending with a stop at Office Max for church supplies. As it happens, Office Max is right next to Chick-Fil-A. I'm sure you can connect the dots.

I dropped dad off at Office Max and got in line at Chick-Fil-A. The manager and two other people were outside taking orders, and the manager was very friendly and started rambling about all kinds of.. well.. weird stuff. "These are my rosebushes! You have a pretty blue car!" etc. Finally, he asked if I wanted a combo. Uh, duh? Who can resist the fries? I said "Yep."
So he says, "Well, I tell ya what, if you sing four lines of your favorite song - and it can't be Happy Birthday or Jesus Loves Me, I'll give you your meal for half price."
Say what now? "Four lines?" I asked. "You know, my mind is gonna go totally blank."
He laughed. "Yeah, and you gotta know them, because we had a lady come through yesterday who tried to sing Away In A Manger and she totally lost it on the second verse, I mean she just jacked it up." <cue weird look at forty-something-year-old guy saying "Jacked up.">
So... Of course... my mind went totally blank.
But even when my mind is TOTALLY BLANK, there's still one small, persistent song that just won't go away.

So that's what I sang.

My God is so great, so strong and so mighty

There's nothing my God cannot do!
The mountains are His, the rivers are His
The skies are His workmanship, too!
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do!

But you wanna know what was the hardest? Not doing the motions.

Do you have a song that just won't go away?
~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment