Wednesday, January 16

Future and Trusting God

Let's say my name is "Shawn Hunter". My two friends... let's call them "Cory Matthews" and "Topanga Lawrence".

See, I'm that one that believed that no matter what, Cory and Topanga would be together in the end. I thought I was, anyway. Now, I don't even think that anymore. Do you know how much that stinks? Being the only one that believes that two people will be together in the end, and they don't even believe it?

I've been there for Cory and Topanga through a lot. I was the one who first got them together, and the reason they "broke up", and then I was the go-between for over a year.

Now, they both say it's over completely and nothing with work. They're finished with each other, and by the looks of things, with their friendship too. I hate it. I want to be the best friend I can be, but it hurts knowing these two are finished.

Have you ever been in a situation like this? Where you still want to believe, but you feel like there's no hope? I still want to have that tiny hope, but I know it's over.

In the TV Series, Boy Meets World, Shawn believed that Cory and Topanga would be together in the end no matter what, and he did everything in his power to get them back together. I did and I feel like I failed, but I know I didn't. It's just growing up. And I know my two friends are growing up, whether I like it or not.

I just have to keep remembering this verse:
John 14:1a ~ Let not your heart be troubled:
And this one:

Proverbs 3:5-6 ~ Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

As long as I keep remembering those verses, I should be able to get through this. And maybe, just maybe, learn something else while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment